Find a Practitioner for Help with Your Negative Moods
The NeuroNutrient Therapy Institute
If you’d like more mood-optimizing help than The Mood Cure alone provides, you’ll find it here. The practitioners listed are health professionals from a variety of backgrounds who have completed the Advanced Training Program at Julia Ross’ NeuroNutrient Therapy Institute and have been certified as NeuroNutrient Therapy Specialists. (Note the NTS after their names.) All are able to work in person or via Skype, Zoom, or FaceTime.
For help in eliminating emotional over-eating, also see Julia’s Virtual Clinic for Food Cravers. The Virtual Clinic only provides nutritional counseling for those whose primary problems are food craving and overeating or insomnia.
What kind of help should you expect from certified amino acid therapy specialists?
Hundreds of health practitioners in the US and abroad have attended trainings on amino acid therapy provided by Julia Ross, but only the Neuro-Nutrient Therapy Specialists listed here have completed an intensive one-year course and been certified by her. This advanced training includes the formal written and oral presentations of 12 cases for review by Julia and her training staff. All listed practitioners have continued access to Julia for case consultation as needed.
The following certified NTS have proven themselves well-able to provide the following care and have committed to doing so in writing as of June 2020. All provide:
- At least 12 weeks of regular (typically weekly, at least initially) in-person or live Skype/Zoom meetings, as needed, starting with an assessment of chronic neurotransmitter and blood glucose deficiency symptoms.
- A review of possible contra-indications for taking particular amino acid supplements.
- A schedule of amino acid and other nutrient supplementation.
- Recommendations for a traditional whole foods diet of adequate protein, fat, vegetables, and other whole carbohydrates, and calories.
- Continued monitoring and adjusting of supplement dosing and diet through regular symptom (and dietary) re-assessment till initial symptoms are consistently much improved or totally eradicated. (With the expectation that benefits will typically start to become obvious in the first week.)
- An amino acid supplement termination plan.
- Referral to other experts if mood problems do not fully resolve.
If you consult with a certified Neuro-Nutrient Therapy Specialist (NTS) on this list who is not providing the above-described care, please ask her or him to do so and contact NNTI at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: NNTI certified practitioners do not use the results of urinary neurotransmitter testing to make their recommendations. To find out why not, see Julia’s article “Problems with Urinary Neurotransmitter Testing.”
NNTI Certified Practitioners listed by state/city served. Most also work virtually.
CA – Chico
CA – Marin County
April Blake ND, LM, NTS
Integrative support for mood, hormones, and mystery illness
750 Las Gallinas Ave, Suite 110
San Rafael, CA 94903
Mary Sue Abernethy, MFT, RDN, NTS
Mood and Eating Disorders Specialist
CA – Walnut Creek
Vonda Kay Schaefer, MFT, Board Certified Holistic Nutritionist, NTS
Gut Health, Mood Disorders
Psychotherapy and Integrative Nutrition
2900 Camino Diablo #200
Walnut Creek CA 94597
SC – Greenville
Beth Oswald, MA, LPC, NTS
Ministry Director/Staff Counselor
Abundant Grace International
Individual Counseling, Marriage and Family Counseling
Neuro-Nutrient Counseling, Counselor Training
NV – Genoa
Judie Brierly, Psy.D., NTS
Neuro Nutrient Therapy & Hypnosis
The following health professionals are either NNTI Certified (NTS) or Amino Acid Therapy experts in their own right.
Practitioners listed by country served:
CANADA – Regina, SK
Barbara Clark, NTS, CN
Nutritional Therapy Institute Staff Nutritionist
Bilingual German and English
JAPAN (and Portland, OR.)
Integrative Psychologists and Psychiatrists
For mood problems that may not resolve completely with amino acid and dietary therapies alone.
(Especially if the In Depth Mood Assessment has several “yes” answers.)
The practitioners listed below are not NNTI certified but have formal training and extensive experience in providing amino acid therapy.
Practitioners listed by state/city served:
CA – Los Angeles
Hyla Cass, MD
Integrative Psychiatry, Author, Consultant; virtual practice
Medication taper and post-substance abuse restoration using amino acids and
other supportive nutrients
email@example.com (best for initial contact)
CO – Denver (Colorado only)
Mary Margaret Braud, MD
Adults, children, and adolescents
Addiction recovery specialty
2755 South Locust St, Suite 116
Denver, CO 80222
CO – Denver (Colorado only)
Lawrence E. Cormier, MD
Integrative Psychiatry / Geriatric Psychiatry
3773 Cherry Creek North Dr, Suite 690
Denver, Co 80209
NE – Omaha
Josh Friedman, PsyD, FDN-P, Dip.CN
Alternative Mental Health Solution
Telemedicine and In Person appointments available
OR – PORTLAND
For Help With Addiction to Alcohol / Drugs / Behavior / Codependency
ADDICTION TREATMENT PROFESSIONALS IN PRIVATE PRACTICE
For Local or Virtual Help With Addiction to Alcohol / Drugs / Behaviors / Codependency
Christina Veselak, LMFT, CN
Director of The Academy for Addiction and Mental Health Nutrition
- Referrals to:
- Certified graduates of The Academy
- Nutritionally-sophisticated treatment programs
- Virtual nutritional support before, during, and/or after conventional addiction recovery treatment.
- Private Practice: Virtual individual and family coaching and nutritional counseling
If you have difficulty contacting or working with any of the above practitioners please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.